Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Today is a day when I love where I live





I can't believe I've lived here for almost 10 years and I never knew about the dog park 12 miles north of my house! Perhaps it's new, or I really just don't get out enough? Regardless I took the pooches there yesterday and it's AMAZING! Extensive trail systems opening up to large grassy pastures- all with the sounds of the ocean in the distance. Conviently located trash cans everywhere for proper poop disposal and doggie bags- but I usually have a few stuffed in my pockets anyway. We were there for 45 minutes and I still haven't seen all of it. It wasn't too crowded either, of course it was a weekday, but it was the prime hour of 6pm- so I'm super excited about our new stomping grounds. Then I came home to a very excited boyfriend telling me about how tree swallows had discovered his first handmade bird house. I got some good pics!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Ash's shiner is just too funny. He's growing up really fast!

Traci said...

it's beautiful there! you're very lucky!

Baledwr said...

Ash is a cool puppers, I like him, can't wait till he grows up! And I want to live there...