Monday, April 23, 2007

Couldn't be more pleased





Now that I've had some time to R&R from my mini road trip yesterday I can now catch up on my blog. Ash and I went and visited Carolyn from C-myste corgis in Oregon. Carolyn has been into the breed for 21 years and I knew she'd give me some good feedback on Ash's structure, ect. Ultimately Carolyn said "he's a keeper". Not that at this point it would have matterred as the little guy has won me over BIG time. Some good points that I learned that it looks like he has good hocks and thus a nice rear. He has good shoulder placement and his forearms support his body well. He has good tail carriage and gait (when he's not doing his puppy bounce or pretending that I'm a giant sheep). It looks like he might be wide in front but still has good bone and I'll just need to work on getting him to stand pretty on the table. There's more but I don't want to bore the non- doggers. So it looks like I'm gonna show him and it's a new and exciting world for me! He won't be 6 months until June 13'th so his first show will be our local Lost Coast Kennel Club show late June. The most exciting part is- I FINALLY choose his registered name- drum roll please... Sunkissed Playin' With Fire. So watch out, cuz you all know what happens when you play with fire... you get burned!!! OK, for those who don't know me - I'm far from competative, but I'm working on it! Enjoy these cute pics from our first road trip together.

1 comment:

Kate said...

There's a video of him playing with Alice and Digger on Carolyn's site.